2019 OWNERS' PROJECT EXCELLENCE AWARDS
a Difference in the
Western Council of Construction Consumers (WCCC) serves as a forum for Owners involved with commercial, institutional and industrial construction. Since 1972, the non-profit council has provided members with resources and support needed to fully develop and advance in safety, operations and maintenance, cost-efficiency, professional development and overall quality construction.
JOIN or RENEW your membership now!
On the Calendar
— SAVE THESE DATES —
- 10/11/19 – WCCC 2020 Membership Renewal reminder letters sent
- 10/15/19 – Project Management Training Academy (PMTA) FALL Teleconference Series BEGINS
(Spring Series begins in early 2020 – watch the Calendar for dates)
- 11/04/19 – Call for Project Controls SUMMIT Speakers & Sponsors
- 11/12/19 – PC SUMMIT ticket sales begin
- 12/19/19 – $10 PC SUMMIT Ticket price increase
- 01/02/20 – WCCC membership renewals are due in January
- 01/09/20 – $10 PC SUMMIT Ticket price increase
- 1/29/20 – 6th Annual Project Controls SUMMIT, in Los Angeles, CA
- 02/10/20 – Submission period opens for 2020 Owners’ Project Excellence Awards
- 06/03/20 – Submission period closes for 2020 Owners’ Project Excellence Awards
- Check the EVENT CALENDAR weekly for additions and updates
- Check Affiliate Course Calendars
Lorman, TPC Training, Green Ideas and others offer terrific live Seminars and Audio Conferences at a discount to Council members.
Items of Interest
- We are currently finalizing Speakers and Sponsors for the 1/29/20 WCCC Project Controls SUMMIT.
Contact us with:
- Get your PMP – Plan to sign up for the SPRING 2020 Project Management Training Academy Series
Work Study Group Teleconference Series – watch for Orientation date announcements in early 2020
See Event Calendar (the Fall Flyer explains how it works. The Spring Flyer with dates should be available in Feb. 2020)
- We are developing Negotiations Skills Workshops for northern and southern California. Let Valerie know if your Team is interested.
This is an offshoot of the targeted training programs we offer. See below for more info.
- IN-HOUSE TARGETED PROGRAMS
are growing and expanding …
For many years Western Council has offered tailored or targeted programs for our Owner member’s organizations and those who serve them. We have also created programs suited to Associate Members’ organizations and clients. We recently expanded or created, series for LADWP Water and Power Divisions, LAWA, Judicial Council of California, CA Dept. of General Services, Salt River Project, and more. Our legal, contract, PM issues, and leadership programs have been especially well received. We have several targeted programs coming up and more in the works. Some of these have seats available for outside attendees.
Call Valerie to discuss your organization and region’s needs so we can focus on Training we can create for you.
- Watch for these and/or other programs in your region. Check the calendar weekly.
- Encourage your team and colleagues to Join the e-mail list to receive e-notices.
- Join Western Council NOW – We've added new levels and categories! Download Membership Application
Membership has Benefits!
- Members can submit projects for Owners' Project Excellence Awards
- Members get reduced tuition for Western Council professional development programs
- Western Council can develop training to meet your organization's needs
- Members can Create and Host Round Tables and special programs.
- Call or e-mail Valerie NOW to get on the current Calendar and plan your topics.
- GOT TALENT?
Get your in-house talent involved in planning or presenting for WCCC programs and events
- Join a Program Planning Team in your area - Get the programs you want and need!
- Join, or start, a committee!
- Sponsor a WCCC Program or Event—Let the Council help you shine!
We Award Excellence
Owners’ Project Excellence
to submit your projects
substantially completed in 2019
for 2020 Owners’ Project
Submission period begins
February 10, 2020
Start accumulating info, photos,
and project stories now.
Requirements and Criteria are
listed on the OPE Awards page
For ALL Questions
about the Council,
or Advertising :
Contact Valerie Largin
To provide resources and support to assist our membership in professional development;
improved company operations and maintenance; safety; and quality, cost-effective construction.
Follow us on www.twitter.com/westerncouncil