a Difference in the
Western Council of Construction Consumers (WCCC) serves as a forum for Owners involved with commercial, institutional and industrial construction. Since 1972, the non-profit council has provided members with resources and support needed to fully develop and advance in safety, operations and maintenance, cost-efficiency, professional development and overall quality construction.
JOIN or RENEW your membership now!
For all Questions about Council programs, membership, or sponsorship, call or e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org (916) 599-8020.
On the Calendar
— SAVE THESE DATES —
- 9/16/2021 – Webinar: Early Warning Signs of Potential Claims and Disputes
- 9/29/2021 – Webinar: Best Scheduling Practices and the Role of the Owner’s Scheduler
- 10/6/2021 – Webinar: Project Risk Management
- 10/14/2021 – Webinar: Innovative Renewable Energy Solutions
- 10/21/2021– Webinar: Construction Scheduling Games People Play Part 1
- 11/4/2021 – Owners’ Updated Primer on Alternative Project Delivery Methods
- 11/9/2021 – Webinar: Managing Change and Change Orders on Construction Projects
- 11/18/2021 – Water, Wind & More...
- 11/30/2021– Webinar: Construction Scheduling Games People Play Part 2
- 12/9/2021 – Webinar: Reducing Construction Claims Proactively
- 12/14/2021– Webinar: Ghost Schedules - What, How, and What is the Risk?
- 1/12/2022 – Webinar: RFIs - The Paper War & How to Prevent It
- 1/27/2022– 8th Annual Project Controls SUMMIT - Virtual
- 2/3/2022 – Webinar: Time Extension Requests – What Does A Contractor Have To Prove?
- 2/17/2022 – Webinar: Early Completion Schedules - Benefits, Risks & Defenses
- 3/10/2022 – Webinar: Pricing Delay Costs - How Owners Deal with Home Office & Jobsite Overhead Costs
- 3/17/2022 – Webinar: Concurrent Delay - Is This Still a Contractor's "Get Out of Jail Free Card"?
- 3/29/2022 – Webinar: Impact Damages - Fact or Fiction?
- 4/14/2022 – Webinar: Mediating Construction Disputes - A Way To Avoid Arbitration & Litigation
- 4/28/2022 – Webinar: Alternative Dispute Resolution - Your Key to Staying Out of Court
- 5/19/2022– 2nd Annual Safety SUMMIT - Virtual
- Check the EVENT CALENDAR weekly for additions and updates
- Check Affiliate Course Calendars
Lorman, TPC Training, Green Ideas and others offer terrific live Seminars and Audio Conferences at a discount to Council members.
Items of Interest
We add Professional Development Opportunities ongoing - as webinars for now.
Check often for new topics and update your e-notice profile (see orange Join button above).
Also feel free to request topics on which your team needs training.
We have set dates for the 2022 SUMMITS.
Suggest Project Controls and Safety topics and speakers:
Contact us at email@example.com or (916) 599-8020.
Thank you to our Sponsors
for the 2021
Project Controls SUMMIT
and Safety SUMMIT:
- TARGETED PROGRAMS
For many years Western Council has offered tailored or targeted programs for our Owner member's organizations and those who serve them. We have also created programs suited to Associate Members' organizations and clients. We have expanded or created several series for LADWP Water and Power Divisions, LAWA, Judicial Council of California, CA Dept. of General Services, Salt River Project, and more. Our legal, contract, PM issues, and leadership
programs have been especially well received. We are planning targeted programs, some of which will allow outside participants.
E-mail us to set up a discussion of your organization's and region's needs so we can focus on creating training for you.
- Check the calendar regularly for these and/or other programs in your region.
- Encourage your team and colleagues to Join the e-mail list to receive e-notices.
- Join Western Council NOW – We've added new levels and categories! Download Membership Application
Membership has Benefits!
- Members can submit projects for Owners' Project Excellence Awards
- Members get reduced tuition for Western Council professional development programs
- Western Council can develop training to meet your organization's needs
- Members can Create and Host Round Tables and special programs.
- Call or e-mail Valerie NOW to get on the current Calendar and plan your topics.
- GOT TALENT?
Get your in-house talent involved in planning or presenting for WCCC programs and events
- Join a Program Planning Team in your area - Get the programs you want and need!
- Join, or start, a committee!
- Sponsor a WCCC Program or Event—Let the Council help you shine!
We Award Excellence
Owners Project Excellence Awards opportunities will return in 2022.
To provide resources and support to assist our membership in professional development;
improved company operations and maintenance; safety; and quality, cost-effective construction.
Follow us on www.twitter.com/westerncouncil