2018 OWNERS' PROJECT EXCELLENCE AWARDS
a Difference in the
Western Council of Construction Consumers (WCCC) serves as a forum for Owners involved with commercial, institutional and industrial construction. Since 1972, the non-profit council has provided members with resources and support needed to fully develop and advance in safety, operations and maintenance, cost-efficiency, professional development and overall quality construction.
JOIN or RENEW your membership now!
On the Calendar
— SAVE THESE DATES —
- 3/14/19 - Orientation Teleconference for Project Management Training Academy (PMTA)
- 3/26/19 - Project Management Training Academy (PMTA) Teleconference Sessions begin
- 3/27/19 - Managing Disputes & Claims, in Sacramento, CA RE-SCHEDULED DATE
- 4/9/19 - The Essentials of Value Engineering: Understanding & Using the Methodology, in Sacramento, CA
- 5/9/19 - Safety for Public/Private Owners’ Capital Building Programs, in Sacramento, CA
- 6/5/19 Owners Project Excellence Awards project submissions are due.
- 10/23-24/2019 - Plan for OPEA Awards Gala on one of these dates
- 1/29/20 - 6th Annual Project Controls SUMMIT, in Los Angeles, CA
- Check the EVENT CALENDAR weekly for additions and updates
- Check Affiliate Course Calendars
Lorman, TPC Training, Green Ideas and others offer terrific live Seminars and Audio Conferences at a discount to Council members.
Items of Interest
- Get your PMP - Spring 2019 Project Management Training Academy begins in March:
> Orientation Teleconference – March 14th, or watch the Orientation PPT and/or request Orientation recording
> Work Study Group Teleconference Series sessions begin – March 26th
- The Submission Period for the 2019 Owners' Project Excellence Awards program is NOW OPEN!
Don't wait till the last minute—start now planning and compiling your submissions for your projects substantially completed in 2018.
You will find a link to the Requirements and Criteria on the OPEA page.
- Watch for these and/or other programs in your region
- IN-HOUSE TARGETED PROGRAMS
are growing and expanding …
For many years Western Council has offered tailored, customized or targeted programs for the firms, agencies, divisions, regions, and even clients or labor for our Owner and Associate Members organizations. We have recently added to or created series for LADWP Water and Power Divisions, LAWA, CA Dept. of General Services, Salt River Project, and more. Our legal, contract, change orders, project management issues, and leadership programs have been especially well received lately and we have several targeted programs in the works. Call Valerie to discuss your organization and region’s needs so we can focus on what we can do for you.
- Associates if you think of topics that are needed in your region, focus, or leadership topics contact Valerie now
Join NOW -- We've added new levels and categories! Download Membership Application
Encourage your team and colleagues to Join the e-mail list to receive e-notices.
Membership has Benefits!
- Members can submit projects for Owners' Project Excellence Awards
- Members get reduced tuition for Western Council professional development programs
- Western Council can develop training to meet your organization's needs
- Members can Create and Host Round Tables and special programs. Call or e-mail Valerie NOW to get on the 2017-18 Calendar and plan your topics.
- GOT TALENT?
Get your in-house talent involved in planning or presenting for WCCC programs and events
- Join a Program Planning Team in your area - Get the programs you want and need!
- Join, or start, a committee!
- Sponsor a WCCC Program or Event—Let the Council help you shine!
We Award Excellence
Owners’ Project Excellence
Project Submission period is open.
Deadline is June 5th
(but don’t wait till the last minute)
Submit now your projects substantially completed
For ALL Questions
about the Council,
or Advertising :
Contact Valerie Largin