2019 OWNERS' PROJECT EXCELLENCE AWARDS
a Difference in the
Western Council of Construction Consumers (WCCC) serves as a forum for Owners involved with commercial, institutional and industrial construction. Since 1972, the non-profit council has provided members with resources and support needed to fully develop and advance in safety, operations and maintenance, cost-efficiency, professional development and overall quality construction.
JOIN or RENEW your membership now!
On the Calendar
— SAVE THESE DATES —
- WCCC membership renewals are now due
- 02/10/20 to 06/30/20 –Submission period for 2020
- 04/02/20 – ORIENTATION for Project Management Training Academy (PMTA) SPRING Teleconference Series
- 04/28/20 – Project Management Training Academy (PMTA) SPRING Teleconference Series BEGINS
- 06/03/20 – Submission period closes for 2020 Owners’ Project Excellence Awards
- 9/3/20 – Safety SUMMIT, in Los Angeles, CA
- 1/27/21 – 7th Annual Project Controls SUMMIT, in Los Angeles, CA
- Check the EVENT CALENDAR weekly for additions and updates
- Check Affiliate Course Calendars
Lorman, TPC Training, Green Ideas and others offer terrific live Seminars and Audio Conferences at a discount to Council members.
Items of Interest
- We are now accepting Sponsors, Topic and Presentation proposals for the:
- 09/30/2020 Safety Summit
- 01/27/2021 Seventh Annual Project Controls SUMMIT
Thank you to our first SAFETY SUMMIT and
Project Controls SUMMIT
- The 2020 Owners' Project Excellence Awards Requrements and Criteria are now posted on the OPE Awards page:
- Read them, and start NOW planning and gathering info, photos, key participant info, etc. needed to prepare your submittal.
Don't wait till the last minute!
Contact Valerie with any questions.
- Get your PMP – Plan to sign up for the SPRING 2020 Project Management Training Academy Series
Work Study Group Teleconference Series –Orientation is 4/2/20 and the Series begins 4/28/20
See Event Calendar for the Flyer with details
- We are developing Negotiations Skills Workshops for northern and southern California. Let Valerie know if your Team is interested.
This is an offshoot of the targeted training programs we offer. See below for more info.
- IN-HOUSE TARGETED PROGRAMS
are growing and expanding …
For many years Western Council has offered tailored or targeted programs for our Owner member’s organizations and those who serve them. We have also created programs suited to Associate Members’ organizations and clients. We recently expanded or created, series for LADWP Water and Power Divisions, LAWA, Judicial Council of California, CA Dept. of General Services, Salt River Project, and more. Our legal, contract, PM issues, and leadership programs have been especially well received. We have several targeted programs coming up and more in the works. Some of these have seats available for outside attendees.
Call Valerie to discuss your organization and region’s needs so we can focus on Training we can create for you.
- Watch for these and/or other programs in your region. Check the calendar weekly.
- Encourage your team and colleagues to Join the e-mail list to receive e-notices.
- Join Western Council NOW – We've added new levels and categories! Download Membership Application
Membership has Benefits!
- Members can submit projects for Owners' Project Excellence Awards
- Members get reduced tuition for Western Council professional development programs
- Western Council can develop training to meet your organization's needs
- Members can Create and Host Round Tables and special programs.
- Call or e-mail Valerie NOW to get on the current Calendar and plan your topics.
- GOT TALENT?
Get your in-house talent involved in planning or presenting for WCCC programs and events
- Join a Program Planning Team in your area - Get the programs you want and need!
- Join, or start, a committee!
- Sponsor a WCCC Program or Event—Let the Council help you shine!
We Award Excellence
Owners’ Project Excellence
to submit your projects
substantially completed in 2019
for 2020 Owners’ Project
Submission period begins
February 10, 2020
Start accumulating info, photos,
and project stories now.
Requirements and Criteria are
listed on the OPE Awards page
For ALL Questions
about the Council,
or Advertising :
Contact Valerie Largin
To provide resources and support to assist our membership in professional development;
improved company operations and maintenance; safety; and quality, cost-effective construction.
Follow us on www.twitter.com/westerncouncil